ActiveSync 0x80830003 Support Code
With Exchange 2003 SP2 &
Windows Mobile 5
If you have the following symptoms:
- you can sync successfully over the air with your pre mobile 5 device and Exchange 2003 with any service pack level
- as soon as you upgrade to a mobile 5 device with no server changes except to allow direct push you begin receiving support code 0x80830003 after looking for changes when syncing if the server has SP2 (requred for direct
- if you uninstall SP2 or attempt to connect to a different server running SP1 or no SP you can sync with no errors
- http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/830563 does not help or refers to items you do not have
- you have been told by support reps with your wireless provider to insure that the IIS Microsoft-Server-Activesync virtual directory is set to ignore client certificates, but it is and if its not you get a different error
then you are where we were. We were syncing error free with a Motorola MPX220 and AT&T, but our new HTC 8525 gave us support code 0x80830003 despite proper server configurations and the use of a non self-signed
certificate. After weeks of trying in vain to find a solution we returned the new phone and returned to the old one.
Recently the MPX220 developed a battery issue. Determined to have a phone with all the features we want including working over the air syncing we got a 2nd 8525 and reopened the issue. Finally we located the fix.
To eliminate your support code 0x80830003 follow these steps:
- On the Exchange server stop the IIS Admin service and the World Wide Web Publishing service.
- Copy C:\Windows\System32\inetsrv\MetaBase.xml to another location.
- Open C:\Windows\System32\inetsrv\MetaBase.xml in notepad.
- Find the line that reads
- Underneath it find the next set of lines that read
and change them
- Save the file.
- Restart the services you stopped above and any dependent services that were stopped (I.E. Microsoft Exchange POP3).
Lila Godel's Web Site
Brought To You By Hamilton Services, Inc.