Changing The Default Editor For Use In Viewing The Source Of Web Pages
(requires I.E. 5.0 or later)
- Click on Start, select Run..., enter regedit, and press enter.
- If you have a 32 bit version of Windows Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer.
- If you have a 64 bit version of Windows Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Internet Explorer.
- If a View Source Editor key (item with folder icon next to it) does not exist right click on the Internet Explorer key and select Key from the New menu to create one.
- Using Key on the New menu of the right click menu create an Editor Name key inside the View Editor Source key if one does not exist.
When you finish the fully qualified path to where you are currently in the registry
(displayed in the status bar at the bottom of the screen or the address bar the top of the screen) should be
Explorer\View Source Editor\Editor Name
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\View Source Editor\Editor Name
- In the right hand pane double click on the listing for (default).
- In the resulting string box enter a fully qualified path to a program file in the form of x:\directory\filename.ext surrounded by quotes (I.E. “C:\windows\notepad.exe”) and then click the OK button.
If you like the default editor of notepad, but would like it to come up maximized you can achieve that by installing AutoSizer.
Lila Godel's Web Site
Brought To You By Hamilton Services, Inc.